Note: This particular guide only applies to cleaning cartridges for Epson printers
After time or long periods of disuse, your print heads can become blocked by dirt, grime and dried ink. This will often disrupt printing and you will notice a pronounced loss in quality. Using our cleaning cartridges you can safely flush away the blockages and, if done regularly, even prolong the life of your printhead.
| || || |
|Types of cleaning cartridge available |
Use the cleaning cartridge under the following circumstances:
- White lines occur when printing documents or images
- Indistinction or broken lines occur in nozzle check pattern
- Ink does not come down during printing
- Printer is used again after a long period of disuse
- It is to be used before replacing normal ink cartridge
| || || |
| ||Sealing bag ||Tissue paper |
Firstly, download our "Cleaning Sheet". This is a PDF document specifically designed to maximise cleaning fluid usage for deep cleaning print heads and nozzles.
- Take out the cleaning cartridge from the bag and tear off the yellow part of the sealing film.
- Install it in the way you would a new ink cartridge
- Clean 2 times following printer operation instructions.
- Print Pressit Clean Sheet twice. If there are no broken lines and pictures appear clear in nozzle pattern check or test printing pages then cleaning is finished.
- Repeat step 3 if broken lines or indistinction of pictures is still occurring
- If it is still not working, leave the cleaning cartridge in the printer for 12 hours, then turn the printer on and repeat step 3, if print head still cannot return to normal then it is already damaged and needs to be replaced
- Take out the cartridge after cleaning and install a new ink cartridge. Clean the print head twice and the printer is ready for use
- Wipe off the liquid from the cartridge with tissue paper and seal the liquid exit with sticky tape. Put the cleaning cartridge into the sealing bag with the liquid exit facing down. Seal the bag and return to the box for further use
| || |
|Use sticky tape to seal the cartridge ||Seal in bag |
|WARNING: Do not touch the chip with your bare hands |
Or cover chip with sticky tape when resealing.
- Don't squeeze the cleaning cartridge after peeling off the yellow label, install the cartridge immediately.
- If you purchased the chipped cleaning cartridges, after installing, if the printer cannot recognise the cartridge, reinstall until it shows 'OK'. When the cartridge is installed, if the computer shows "this is not an Epson product", click Yes to continue.
- Seal the used cleaning cartridge with sticky tape to prevent the liquid from drying out
- Store the cleaning cartridge carefully to prevent the environment being polluted
- Take off the sticky tape before the cartridge is installed for another use
- To avoid damage to your printhead, do not expose to air fro long periods of time
- The colour liquid in the cleaning cartridge is for testing only and not for normal printing
- One cleaning cartridge can be used at least ten times
If the cleaning cartridge is used following these instructions, no damage will be done to either the printhead or the printer